How to install Convertize with Shopify
You can use Convertize with a Shopify website if you install the Convertize pixel on the HTML code of the website. You can follow the steps below to install it:
- Copy the Convertize pixel (code) from the Convertize admin.
- Log into your Shopify account.
- Click on Online Store.
- Click on Themes.
- Click on the ‘…’ icon on the top right and choose ‘Edit HTML/CSS’.
- Under Layout file select theme.liquid.
- Scroll down the page until you find the following tag: [/head].
- Paste the Convertize pixel just before this tag.
- Go back to your homepage and click on Settings.
- Click on Checkout.
- Scroll down until you reach the “Additional Scripts” box.
- Paste the Convertize pixel here as well.
- The Convertize pixel is installed.
Please note that Shopify only allows external scripts on the storefront and “order confirmation” pages. Therefore, it will not track the checkout.
NB: If you already have the Convertize pixel in place, please check if it is still in place after undergoing major design changes on your website.